SoapUI 5.x.x error – Unexpected element: OPEN_TAG

If any of you got the Unexpected element: OPEN_TAG  error with SoapUI version 5.x.x when adding a new project or importing a wsdl, you are not the only one. I tried everywhere to find a solution for it and changing the proxy settings was all I could find. I tried setting the proxy manually instead of automatic or disabling it completely, neither of that worked.

One thing that worked was uninstalling version 5.x.x and installing version 4.5.x. Drop a note if you were able to make it working with 5.x.x.

  • Catalin Sadagurschi

    In my case the issue was that somehow the project xml details were duplicated in the “settings” file. I just deleted the duplicate and was able to import the project again